This First Alert hardwired smoke alarm includes a 9-volt battery backup that continues to give protection to you in the event of a power failure. The detector features an ionization sensor for detection of smoke and fast-flaming fires, as well as a loud, 85-decibel alarm. One button silences any nuisance alarms, and also tests detector functions, even as lights indicate if the alarm detects smoke. The latching alarm indicator automatically identifies which unit initiated the alarm, even after the conditions that set off the alarm have subsided. And an end-of-life signal enhances your safety by letting you know when it is time to replace the unit. Connect it to compatible BRK or First Alert alarms within a single-family residence. When one alarm is triggered, all connected alarms will sound.
Introducing the revolutionary BRK 9120 series smoke alarms which have been redesigned from the ground up. They install faster, perform better, and are even smarter than before. All of these improvements help reduce nuisance alarms and save you money and time. BRK Electronics smoke alarms are designed to be easy to install, easy to maintain, and quality-engineered for years of virtually maintenance-free service.
The 9120B AC-powered smoke alarm with battery backup includes these features:
- Ionization sensor which helps detect fast flaming fires that consume combustible materials abruptly.
- 120-volt AC inter-connectable (with maximum 18 compatible devices). The alarm can be interconnected with up to 12 other compatible smoke alarms and six compatible devices like bells, horns, repeaters and door closers. If one unit triggers an alarm, all smoke alarms in the series will sound. Power indicators show which unit in the series initiated the alarm.
- Latching alarm indicator which automatically identifies which unit initiated the alarm.
- Smart technology to reduce nuisance alarms.
- 9-volt battery backup for peace of mind all over power malfunction.
- Single test/silence button which both silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and lets you test the unit’s functionality.
- Perfect mount system including a gasketless base for easy installation and new mounting bracket that keeps the alarm secure over a wide rotation range to allow for perfect alignment.
- Mounting bracket lock for tamper resistance.
- Dust cover to keep unit clean all over construction.
- 10-year limited warranty.
All BRK Electronics smoke alarms meet UL 217 standard and are listed with the California State Fire Marshal. They use the new UL mandated repeating 85-decibel alarm horn pattern. 10-year limited warranty. This unit is approved for sale in Oregon after new revisions on law HB2586.–Bree Norlander
What’s in the Box
One smoke alarm, one 9-volt battery, and user’s manual
See all Product description
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
Keep your family secure with this hardwired smoke alarm the battery backup means constant monitoring, even supposing there’s a power failure
Equipped with an ionization sensor, this smoke alarm reliably detects smoke from fast-flaming fires and alerts you with an 85-decibel alarm
To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
Can connect to other compatible BRK or First Alert smoke detectors, to ensure all alarms will sound when smoke is detected
Simple to use, with a single test/silence button, and side-load battery compartment tamper-resistant locking brackets and universal mounting brackets make installation easy
Rigorously tested to meet UL standards120V AC power with 9V battery backup to keep alarm functioning all over power outage